Thursday, September 24, 2009

Missing my Mama :(



On Sept 25th 2006 my beautiful mother returned home to our Heavenly Father. Tomorrow will be the 3rd year anniversary of her passing. I don't even know where to start, the night my mom passed away we were all in the room with her. She was planning every detail of her funeral with us from what songs she wants and who she wants to sing them lol. My mom always said she did not want us to get her a wig because she did not care what she looked like but that night she told me and my sisters that she didn't want her grandkids or other kids to be scared of her so she asked us to bury her with a wig. My mom was cracking jokes and making us sing church songs to her while she just laid in bed with her eyes close and a big smile on her face. My mom was the type of person that had to please people. She did everything and anything for our family and even total strangers. She is such a perfect example of a "Mother Of Zion". I don't know how she does it because I find myself struggling daily with just my two boys. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about my mom and how different things would be if she were here. I know that one day I will be able to see my mom again and until then my heart aches for her every second. There are so many things I want to share with her and I long for her motherly advice with my struggles with my little family.

I love you mom and miss you more than you know.

4 comments:

Kassie said...

Your post made me cry.. Can't believe it's been 3 years.. You're one tough cookie.. Love you dearly..

Cedar Reids said...

What a touching tribute! I can't imagine what the last 3 years have been like. You made my tears come rolling down. We love you guys!

Brittany said...

this is such a touching post. so sweet.

BETS & VETS said...

Thanks for sharing this, really touched me.